Cocktail of the Day - Manhattan
It's FRIDAY! Cocktail time. Have a Manhattan. Make that a Maker's Manhattan.
Time: 10 minutes
1-2 dashes Bitters (Angostura)
1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
2 oz. Maker's Mark (or Rye Whisky if you are a purist)
Garnish: 2 Marciano Cherries and (optional) Orange Peel
Crushed Ice (for the shaker)
Cube of ice (if you want your drink served "on the rocks")
Cocktail Glass - Use a martini glass to serve it "up" or a standard whisky glass to serve "on the rocks"
Knife (for orange peel)
1. Chill your cocktail glass for a few minutes in the fridge.
2. In a shaker stir or shake (whatever you prefer) the Maker's Mark or rye whisky, vermouth, and bitters over cracked ice.
3. (Optional) Rub the orange peel along the rim of the cocktail glass.
4. Strain the delightful concoction into the chilled cocktail glass.
5. Garnish with (optional) orange peel and 1-2 maraschino cherries.
6. Bottom's up!